Duration: 4 days
As a PADI Assistant Instructor, you not only gain additional experience as a PADI Professional scuba diver but also start learning the PADI System of diver education. Get mentored while gaining hands-on experience teaching students. Act as an instructional scuba assistant and assume limited teaching responsibilities. It’s a great way to gain experience in order to become a scuba instructor!
The PADI Assistant Instructor course is the first portion of the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC) and when followed by the Open Water Scuba Instructor course (OWSI) and a successful performance at the Instructor Examination (IE), leads to certification as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor.
What do I need to get started?
- PADI Divemaster (or qualifying certification from another organisation)
- CPR and First Aid Training within the last 24 months
- Have been a certfied diver for at least 6 months
- 60 logged dives, including night, deep, and navigation dives
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a physician within the last 12 months
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Want a fun and exciting career!
What will I do?
You build upon your abilities to organize and supervise scuba diving activities while concentrating on developing teaching skills. You learn through:
- Knowledge development through self-study, quizzes, lectures and presentations
- Confined water skill review and assessment, workshops and presentations
- Open water workshops, rescue assessment and candidate presentations
The PADI Assistant Instructor Course consists of these sections:
- Module 1: Academic Training
o PADI Discover Scuba Diving and Snorkelling programs
o Developing knowledge development presentations
o Teaching Project AWARE and Peak Performance Buoyancy specialties
o Teaching in confined water
o Conducting Open Water training presentations
- Module 2: Independent Study
o Knowledge Development
- Module 3: Practical Application
o Confined Water and Open Water teaching presentations
o Standards exam
o Dive rescue skills assessment
In addition to the responsibilities and duties you already have as a PADI Divemaster, you can Teach academic presentations as a PADI Assistant Instructor under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- During confined water dives, present initial skills training under the direct supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Evaluate Open Water Diver surface skills under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Teach and certify PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Divers under the direction of a PADI Instructor
- Teach Project AWARE Specialty courses
- Teach the AWARE Coral Reef Conservation specialty course
- Conduct PADI Discover Scuba Diving experiences in a pool or confined water
- Conduct PADI Seal Team AquaMissions
- Teach PADI Digital Underwater Photographer specialty courses under the direction of a PADI Instructor after earning the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating
Please note, you will also need to separately purchase the PADI IDC crewpak which includes all the materials needed to prepare for a PADI Assistant Instructor or Open Water Scuba Instructor course. The 23-item pack includes:
- Instructor cue cards for PADI’s core courses (OW, AOW, Rescue and Divemaster)
- IDC Candidate Workbook and related reference materials
- Lesson planning slates for confined and open water
- Quiz and exam booklets for the core courses
- Specialty outlines for Project AWARE
- PADI Instructor Manual
Fins, mask, snorkel, buoyancy control device with low pressure inflator, regulator, alternate air source, submersible pressure gauge, weight system (if necessary), appropriate exposure protection (for water temperature 22c-29c), timing device, depth gauge, compass, knife/ diver’s tool, slate, dive table and an emergency signaling device (e.g. whistle, flare, signal tube, etc.).
Tanks and weights are provided at no charge!
|PADI Assistant Instructor||₱28,500|
For more information about our PADI Assistant Instructor course send us an EMAIL.